Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Founded in 2001, PayProp is a private FinTech group that provides business solutions for the Real Estate sector with state-of-the-art web-based software applications integrated with on-demand payment processing.
The Group consists of an international holding company in Sevenoaks, United Kingdom with a number of subsidiaries in South Africa, Canada, the United States and Switzerland.
PayProp Holdings is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to work from our offices in Sevenoaks. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience in IFRS and UK GAAP while running a Finance function.
A top academic performer with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience – preferably in a high-tech global organisation – you are a driven, high-energy, customer service-focused individual who can work well with internal and external customers at all levels.
This is a broad, hands-on role and you will be expected to problem-solve, recommend and implement solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing your duties. In addition, you will be required to drive system changes and implementations in the Finance function.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Group CFO.
- Assuming responsibility for all aspects of accounts processing and ledger closing, including all balance sheet reconciliations – accruals, prepayments, VAT control, PAYE control and inter-company reconciliation
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Providing support with forecasting, budgeting and business planning processes
- Driving change programmes, such as system improvements or system changes in the Finance function
- Ensuring statutory obligations around corporation tax, VAT and PAYE are met
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Managing the annual audit fieldwork process – liaising internally with heads of business and externally with auditors
- Preparing annual tax computations – liaising externally with tax advisors
- Taking on other ad-hoc administrative tasks as required
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working as part of a global team located in different countries
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong finance system and business process knowledge, such as consolidation systems or the building of financial data warehouses – experience of new cloud technology would be an advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience with a fast-growing multi-national company
- Comfortable working in a multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Superb attention to detail, yet possesses an understanding of the ‘big picture’
- Organised and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid UK work authorisation
What’s in it for you?
Our office in the heart of beautiful Sevenoaks is a half-hour train ride from central London, where you’ll share an office with a growing team of developers, creatives, copywriters and financial staff. If you’d like to be a part of a fast-growing international FinTech organisation and help us build a leading company with an amazing culture, get in touch!